Name: Jenna Maxwell
Date registered: January 29, 2010
Since I was a kid, I have always loved fashion. Everyday life was just another opportunity for dressing up and yes, perhaps some of my looks were a bit like costumes. That was my means of self-expression back in those days and in many ways, it still is. It is only natural then, that I absolutely adore Halloween. Combine my love of costumes with my alter ego as a closet history nerd and you have this crazy juxtaposition that can mean only one thing...me and Halloween go together like hand and glove! I am completely fascinated by the traditions, lore, history and customs surrounding this day we call Halloween and to be honest, I can't get enough costumes, either. The only irony of this whole scenario is that I am a pretty big 'fraidy cat and am not so thrilled with things that go "bump" in the night. Perhaps writing about the spookier side of life helps me to face my fears--just a little bit. So my friends, that is where it all began...
- O’ Christmas Tree — December 2, 2013
- Fun Facts About Black Friday — November 23, 2013
- Talking Turkey: Thanksgiving Facts You Probably Didn’t Know — November 18, 2013
- Veterans Day: Honoring Those Who Have Served — November 10, 2013
- Pumpkins: The Aftermath — November 4, 2013