It is mid-October, folks. In these parts, that always raises the really BIG question that comes up this time of the year. What are you going to be for Halloween? There’s still plenty of time to get that perfect Halloween costume that is sure to set you apart from all the rest of the crowd and make you the shining star of your Halloween party. So what are you waiting for? Here is our list of this years hottest costume trends to help get your costume inspiration juices flowing!
They Don’t Call Them Classic For Nothing! This year, as in many others, the classic Halloween characters are hugely popular. Zombies, vampires, witches, princesses and pumpkins are the top picks of many soon-to-be Halloween revelers. If you have always wanted to try out one of these timeless personas, this is the year to do it!
- Over 5 million adults plan on dressing up as a witch this year for Halloween. With so many variations on the witch theme, it’s easy to find that uniquely beguiling witch look that will surely cast a spell on your Halloween festivities.
- Batman characters are extremely popular for adults this year. Consider being Batman himself, one of his legendary cohorts or even one of the Batman archenemies.
- Feel like you really are a princess? Then you should BE a princess. You will not be alone, as nearly 4 million kids will be joining you in wearing their royal costume regalia, Disney princesses always topping the list in popularity.
- You want to hear me ROAR? Animal costumes are expected to be one of the top choices amongst children, with over 2.8 million kids expected to be dressing up as one of their furry friends.
- Superheroes, particularly female ones. Superheroes always make a popular costume choice, but this year many females are getting into the action packed adventure found in the superhero gig. Our favorite chick-power superstar? Wonder Woman.
Television, Movies and Pop Culture: You can always count on favorite television shows and movies to have a huge influence on costume trends each year. This year popular television and movie costume choices include:
- Monster High-With cool outfits, epic hairdos and a monstrous lineage to boot, it should be fairly obvious why these character looks are flying off the shelves.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Still #1 on many kids want list, these fictional anthropomorphic reptiles are sure to be out of the sewer and soon seen trick or treating in a neighborhood near you.
- Avengers. Any of these bad boys are ragingly popular, including Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and the Hulk.
- The Walking Dead, Duck Dynasty and The Great Gatsby are also all creating strong media influence on this years costume choices.
There you have it–the most popular costume looks for Halloween 2013. Now, let me ask the BIG question once again. What are you going to be this year for Halloween?