Everyone knows that St. Patrick’s Day, Ireland’s national holiday, is a day of celebration. It’s a tradition across the country and a great excuse to party in the middle of March. Around the globe on March 17th people will be celebrating with parties, parades, and carnivals. Every Irish pub will be packed full of people, Irish or not, eating corned beef and cabbage and drinking pints of Guinness. In addition to those pints of Guinness, many people will enjoy a little Irish coffee or some smooth Irish whiskey. But before you take a drink of anything Irish on St Patricks Day you must adhere to the Irish culture and give an Irish toast or blessing.
Here are a few:
- May your glass be ever full and May the roof over your head be always strong.
- May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead.
- Here’s to me, and here’s to you, and here’s to love and laughter. I’ll be true as long as you, and not one moment after.
- May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live.
- As you slide down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction.
- May you live to be a hundred years, with one extra year to repent.
- May the friendships you make, be those which endure; and all of your grey clouds, be small ones for sure.
So this St Patricks Day before you take a drink of that green beer, raise your glass and shout out an Irish toast for all to hear!